a California Gold Ribbon School
Washington Post America's Most Challenging High Schools
A California Blue Ribbon School
Eighth Annual AP Honor Roll District
Newsweek America's Most Challenging High Schools
Daily Beast Best Of The West High School
A California Exemplary Arts High School
Mustang Business Academy

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Counseling & Student Services » Enrollment Information for International Students

Enrollment Information for International Students

International Student Enrollment Procedures for the
2021 - 2022 School Year
This page is for Parents/Guardians of International Students looking for information to enroll for the 2021-2022 school year which begins on August 31, 2021. 
International F-1 Visa students must contact the PYLUSD district office prior to contacting YLHS for enrollment. Please click on the following district link- 
You can also visit www.pylusd.org scroll to Resources and click on the International Student Program for more information.  
International students are placed in "Age Appropriate" grade level by their birth date as instructed by our District office. 
Enrollment Information for the 2021-2022 school year for students that have previous education from Outside the Country. 


Foreign Transcripts: All foreign transcripts and birth certificates must be translated into English by American Education Research Corporation (AERC) 626-339-4404 www.aerc-eval.com  We will not accept translations from any other company.  Please plan ahead as this process takes time. We will also need to see the original official stamped foreign transcript for verification. Any missing grade level transcripts will not result in the student starting at a lower grade level. Students are placed by their birth date in the correct grade level according to the PYLUSD placement chart. Please ask for a translation referral list for immunizations translation. 
Immunization Record:
The State of California requires that all parents provide immunization records for their students under the California Administrative Code, Title 17, Sections 6000-6075.  Records may be obtained from the previous school. Foreign records need to be translated into English.  No enrollment without current immunization records. 
Proof of Birth:
Original birth certificate.  Translated into English if necessary by AERC. 
New student enrollment information for students that have attended school Outside the County and are new to Placentia Yorba Linda Unified School District. Please follow the following steps to enroll your student at Yorba Linda High School. 
Step 1: 
Complete online enrollment at https://enroll.pylusd.org/air/ 
Print out completed online enrollment paperwork and sign where required.  
Step 2
Collect all necessary documents listed below and email copies to the YLHS Counseling Clerk, Jacquelyn Roberts, at  jroberts@pylusd.org
  1. AERIES signed online enrollment paperwork (step1)
  2. Documentation to verify residency is required & Caregiver form if required (E.g. current utility bill showing mailing & service address, lease/rental agreement, escrow papers with the closing date)
  3. Parent and/or caregiver's identification, Photo ID from a recognized institution (E.g. Passport or Drivers License)
  4. Documentation showing proof of student's legal name and birthdate is required (E.g. Passport or certified copy of birth record) translated into English by AERC
  5. Students current up to date Immunization Record (translated into English) 
  6. Medical History completed and signed (see below)
Step 3:
Once you have all documents gathered, email all listed required enrollment documents together in a single attachment (do not send separately) to jroberts@pylusd.org     
Step 4:
Once steps 1,2 and 3 are complete, you will get a confirmation from YLHS that everything has been received and I will set up an appointment in August for you to speak with your counselor and choose your courses.  At that time you must provide an original official stamped transcript sealed in an envelope from your previous schools. Please take the time prior to your appointment to obtain your Official Transcript from all schools you have attended which you will need in August along with your Course Selection Card (see below). Your previous school can also mail Official Transcripts to: Yorba Linda High School, Attn: Lori Long, 19900 Bastanchury Rd, Yorba Linda, Ca.  92886  
Any questions regarding enrollment or documents, please email Jacquelyn Roberts, at jroberts@pylusd.org 
Sign up for Remind for your students' graduation year for important information from your counselor.  Click on Sign Up for Remind, below