Counseling & Student Services » Enrollment Information for International Students

Enrollment Information for International Students

International Student Enrollment Procedures for the
2023-2024 School Year
This page is for Parents/Guardians of International Students looking for information to enroll for the 2023-2024 school year which begins on August 29, 2023. 
Enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year will begin April 25, 2023. 
International F-1 Visa students must contact the PYLUSD district office prior to contacting YLHS for enrollment. Please click on the following district link- 
You can also visit scroll to Resources and click on the International Student Program for more information.  
International students are placed in "Age Appropriate" grade level by their birth date as instructed by our District office. 
Enrollment Information for the 2023-2024 school year for students that have previous education from Outside the Country. 


Foreign Transcripts: All foreign transcripts and birth certificates must be translated into English by American Education Research Corporation (AERC) 626-339-4404  We will not accept translations from any other company.  Please plan ahead as this process takes time. We will also need to see the original official stamped foreign transcript for verification. Any missing grade level transcripts will not result in the student starting at a lower grade level. Students are placed by their birth date in the correct grade level according to the PYLUSD placement chart. Please ask for a translation referral list for immunizations translation. 
Immunization Record:
The State of California requires that all parents provide immunization records for their students under the California Administrative Code, Title 17, Sections 6000-6075.  Records may be obtained from the previous school. Foreign records need to be translated into English.  No enrollment without current immunization records. 
Proof of Birth:
Original birth certificate.  Translated into English if necessary by AERC. 
New student enrollment information for students that have attended school Outside the Country and are new to Placentia Yorba Linda Unified School District. Please follow the following steps to enroll your student at Yorba Linda High School. 
Step 1: 
Complete online enrollment at 
Print out completed online enrollment paperwork and sign and date where required.  
Step 2
Collect all necessary documents (approximately 14 pages) listed below and email copies to the YLHS Counseling Clerk, Lisa Friedman, at  [email protected]
  1. AERIES signed and dated online enrollment paperwork (step1 above)
  2. Documentation to verify residency is required, along with residency form below  (E.g. current full gas, electric or water bill showing mailing & service address, lease/rental agreement, escrow papers with the closing date)
  3. Caregiver form if student is living with a host family (see below)
  4. Parent and/or caregiver's identification, Photo ID from a recognized institution (E.g. Passport or Drivers License)
  5. Documentation showing proof of student's legal name and birthdate is required (E.g. Passport or certified copy of birth record) translated into English by AERC
  6. Students current up to date Immunization Record (translated into English) 
  7. Medical History completed and signed (see below)
  8. Post Enrollment Form (see below)
  9. Consent to Release Records (see below)
Step 3:
Once you have all documents gathered, signed and dated, email all documents (approximately 14 pages) together in a single attachment (do not send separately) to     
Step 4:
Once steps 1, 2 and 3 are complete, you will get an email from Mrs. Friedman letting you know that everything has been received. Mrs. Friedman will give your course card and unofficial transcript to your counselor and the counselor will input your courses. You will hear back from the counselor via email. 
Please remember you must provide an original official stamped transcript sealed in an envelope from your previous schools. Please take the time prior to enrollment to obtain your signed and sealed Official Transcript from all schools you have attended which you will need for enrollment. Your previous school can also mail Official Transcripts to: Yorba Linda High School, Attn: Jacquelyn Roberts, 19900 Bastanchury Rd, Yorba Linda, Ca.  92886  
Any questions regarding enrollment or documents, please email Lisa Friedman, at [email protected]