Enrollment for 2018-2019 School Year
For Non-PYLUSD Students, Private School Students and CHOICE Transfer Students NOT currently enrolled in a PYLUSD School
(Enrollment for the 2019-2020 School Year will begin on April 22nd)
The following enrollment process will be available beginning April 10, 2018. Enrollment hours are 8:00 am -11:00 am and 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm in the YLHS Counseling Office. Closed for lunch 11:30 – 1:00 daily.
Please bring all necessary documents indicated below, including the 3 copies of your online enrollment paperwork and follow all enrollment directions at https://enroll.pylusd.org/air/
We accept 1 item from the list below as proof of residency (NO EXCEPTIONS):
- CURRENT and ORIGINAL GAS, ELECTRIC or WATER bill in PARENT NAME; both sections, top, and bottom must be attached
- Lease/Rental Agreement
- Escrow Papers (MUST show closing date – no exceptions)
- If you reside with another family please contact our office for proof of residency instructions. This situation may require a home visitation by a school official to verify occupancy of the home.
The following documents are also REQUIRED to be provided by the parent at enrollment.
- Up to date immunization record
- Copy of last report card
- Unofficial Transcript from the previous school
- Original birth certificate
- Copy of IEP or 504 if applicable
- 7th Grade State test scores for those entering 9th grade - recommended
Enrollment cannot be completed until online enrollment is completed and all documents are received.
We do not make a Counselor appointment for students from those schools that the Counselors visit. Please make sure that your student sees the counselor when they return to your student’s school to pick up the registration information.
April 18 – June 1, 2018, if necessary Counselor appointments will be made. All enrollment appointments are in the afternoons only between 2:30 and 3:30.
Attached you will find the New Student Enrollment Procedures for those students who did not attend a school in our district during the 2017-18 school year.
The items attached to this page are:
- ENROLLMENT PROCEDURES 2018-2019
- 9th Grade Course Selection Offerings
- 10th - 12th Course Selection Offerings
- CARD COURSE REQUEST 12th
- CARD COURSE REQUEST 11th
- CARD COURSE REQUEST 10th
- CARD COURSE REQUEST 9th
- AP/HONORS INFORMATION
- GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
Remember the Course Request Card is information only and is not accepted by YLHS until the enrollment process has been completed. This will become part of the enrollment packet.
Follow the dates and documents required on the Procedure sheet for a successful enrollment. Please remember that we have allowed enough time to enroll all new students. All students course selection cards are processed as we get them so we can collect the correct information to create fall classes. At this time we are collecting numbers of students who want a class not assigning a class and teacher to the students.
Students new to the PYLUSD school district must take a Math Placement test to ensure the proper math placement when enrolled. Please see Math Placement below for information on registering your student for the test.