Mustang Baseball Family
We have found ourselves in unusual times. I have coached for over 40 years and I cannot remember that I have been involved in anything quite like the situation we all are in at this time.
I am saddened that our season has come to an abrupt end. Our boys have worked so hard to prepare for this season and we have only had time to test the shallow waters. Our coaches were looking forward to seeing them mature over time and through the game of baseball.
Not to take anything away from the rest of the players in the program, but I feel most for our seniors who did not get to finish out their final year as a Mustang.
These five seniors have helped establish the foundation of this program to pave the way to the Mustang's continued success. Thank you for your dedication.
- Shane Curren: 1B, P, 3B, or anything else the coaches needed him to play. A true leader on the field. He put the team before himself. He was an offensive threat with power and solid on defense.
- Michael Monroe: OF. Incredible work ethic that made him a leader by example and most obvious... Humor!
- Adam Parry: 1B. Multi-sport athlete. Unfortunate injuries prevented him from reaching his full capabilities in the game of baseball.
- Nathan Waugh: C. Will attend Cornell University. Completely shut down opponents running games. Had a presence about him that made opposing pitchers/coaches concerned offensively.
- Luke Villanueva: 3B, C. Unselfishly chose to better himself and more importantly his team by playing JV his junior year. This not only made him a better player but made his team better this year.
Coach Matt Stine
(Originally posted here: https://www.ylhsbaseball.com/)