MBA Reception Video Link:
Please visit our Counseling page to enroll at YLHS if you have been accepted into the MBA Academy 2021.
Mustang Business Academy Application window has now closed for the 2021-2022 school year.
Access the MBA Application and Process on the MBA Application page
What is the MBA?
The Mustang Business Academy is a unique course of study designed especially for students with an interest in and aptitude for Business and Management.
The MBA career link pathways include an established Culinary Arts & Hospitality Management and the Business Management pathway.
The three-year program aims to prepare students for college and career. With capstone projects related to their focus area, students will earn special recognition at graduation.
Why should a student enter the MBA?
- To earn an MBA diploma
- To earn industry recognized certifications
- To acquire skills to prepare for college and/or career
- To gain insight into career paths and continuing education
- To get hands-on experience in the career focus
- To earn college credit through articulated courses
What are program requirements?
MBA students must meet the PYLUSD graduation requirements of 240 credits for graduation. Students take their required core courses and take the career electives as prescribed by the pathway. To earn the MBA diploma students additionally required to complete:
- Internship/Work Based Learning
- Certification in the Pathway
- Participation in a Career Technical Student Organization or YLHS academic competition team (Optional)
Interested but have more questions?
Feel free to contact our staff for further information
David Okamoto, Assistant Principal Curriculum
714-986-7500 extension 14003