What is the MBA and MCA?
The Mustang Business Academy (MBA) is a unique course of study designed especially for students with an interest in and aptitude for Business and Management. The Mustang Culinary Academy (MCA) is a course of study designed for students with an interest in the Culinary and Hospitality Management industry.
The three-year program aims to prepare students for college and career. With capstone projects related to their focus area, students will earn special recognition at graduation.
Why should a student enter the MBA or MCA?
- To earn an MBA or MCA diploma
- To earn industry-recognized certifications
- To acquire skills to prepare for college and/or career
- To gain insight into career paths and continuing education
- To get hands-on experience in the career focus
- To earn college credit through articulated courses
What are program requirements?
MBA and MCA students must meet the PYLUSD graduation requirements of 240 credits for graduation. Students take their required core courses and take the career electives as prescribed by the pathway. To earn a MBA or MCA medal and graduation recognition, students will complete the following:
- Work Based Learning
- Certification in the Pathway
- Participation in a Career Technical Student Organization (optional) such as: Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) or Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA)
Interested but have more questions?
Feel free to contact our staff for further information.
Madison Waltemeyer, Academy Coordinator & MBA Educator
714-986-7500 extension 14511
Click Below to access the YLHS Showcase Presentation
Click the link below to access the steps & requirements needed for your online application. Do NOT submit a physical application to the school.
Follow the Mustang Business Academy's student run business, the Mustang Market!
Follow YL's Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)!