- 1st Place - Evelyn Chan (Jr)
- 2nd Place - Darshan Patel (Jr)
- 3rd Place - Jeff Moreno (Sr)
for receiving scholarships donated by the Yorba Linda Sunrise Rotary Club ($250, $150 & $100) for their speeches at the YLHS 2015 “I Have A Dream” Speech Contest last night.
Thanks to the YLHS Rotary Interact Club and the YLHS Red Cross Club we raised over $300 in donations for earthquake relief in Nepal!
Thanks to Kristen You and Dr. Timothy You for taking pictures last night (attached) to help our students treasure their moment when the spotlight and all eyes were on them and they shined championing a cause they care deeply about.
If nothing else, it is my hope that these 15 participants gained confidence from overcoming any fears that they might have for the sake of their cause so if you see any of the 15 participants today, please give them some positive encouragement for what they did.
- Carina Cortes “Creating A New Life"
- Catherine Han “The Haves and Have-Nots"
- Darshan Patel “The Blinding Trap”
- Deborah You “One Nation Under God"
- Evelyn Chan “The Power of Empathy"
- Faith Merz “Changing The Tide"
- Jace Jenican “American Freedom"
- Jade Everett “Sexual Violence in America"
- Jeff Moreno “A Dream Still In The Making
- Madison Gadbaw “It’s Too Often Overlooked"
- Marissa Stinnett “A Glimmer of Hope"
- Miya Sheker “Bridging Trust"
- Nathan Shube “I Have Something To Say"
- Rachel Stumpf “I Have A Dream We Can Coexist"
- Riley Rose “Dreamer”
- Master of Ceremony: Thomas Kim
For whatever you did to help them develop and inspire the ability to speak and write so beautifully and persuasively about their topic, thank you.
Thank you to those that were able to come out and support them. I hope that all of you will join us next year!