a California Gold Ribbon School
Washington Post America's Most Challenging High Schools
A California Blue Ribbon School
Eighth Annual AP Honor Roll District
Newsweek America's Most Challenging High Schools
Daily Beast Best Of The West High School
A California Exemplary Arts High School
Mustang Business Academy

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Counseling & Student Services » Work Permits Request

Work Permits Request

All student must have a work permit in order to be employed. 
Summer work permits may be obtained at the PYLUSD Child Welfare and Attendance office at 1301 E. Orangethorpe Ave, Placentia, CA 714 985-8670.  Please check with them for their timeline.  The attached form may be used at either the district or YLHS.
The attached "Request for Work Permit" can be printed from this site or the student can obtain one in the counseling office. 
Notice there are three (3) sections for the student to make sure are completed before they turn it into the counseling office for processing.
Section 1: For the sudent to complete
Section 2: For the employer to complete
Section 3: For the parent to complete
No permits will be issued unless ALL THREE (3) sections are complete.  It will be given back to the student to complete the missing information.
The counseling office requires time to process the permit; no permit will be processed immediately.  Work permits will be available to pick up 24 hours after they are dropped off.  Please plan ahead.