a California Gold Ribbon School
Washington Post America's Most Challenging High Schools
A California Blue Ribbon School
Eighth Annual AP Honor Roll District
Newsweek America's Most Challenging High Schools
Daily Beast Best Of The West High School
A California Exemplary Arts High School
Mustang Business Academy

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Counseling & Student Services » Grad/College Entrance Requirements

Grad/College Entrance Requirements

Attached is the YLHS Graduation Requirements and College Entrance Requirements for you to use in planning course selection over the next 4 years at YLHS.

 California High School Proficiency Exam Information

CHSPE Administration Schedule for 2021­–22 School Year 

CHSPE Test Administration  

Proposed Testing Window  

Date for Mailing Results  

Fall 2021  

September 27–October 17 

November 23  

Winter 2022  

February 22–March 14  

April 22  

Spring 2022  

May 16–June 7  

July 15 


The 2021–22 testing fee is $230. The fee must be paid via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover), debit card, or PayPal. 


How to Register  


You can access registration for the fall 2021 administration from the CHSPE website registration page at https://www.chspe.org/register when registration opens on August 24 at 10 a.m. PDT. 

  • Please submit only one CHSPE registration per test taker.  
  • During the registration process, you will be required to upload eligibility documentation.  
  • Upon your completion of the registration process, all documentation will be reviewed for test taker eligibility. The registration of anyone who does not meet eligibility requirements will be canceled. Please review the Eligibility section of the CHSPE website at https://www.chspe.org/eligibility.   
  • A confirmation email will be sent within 5 business days of registration, after test taker eligibility and payment are confirmed.